Protective vial sleeves help reduce the chance of breakage through impact to the vial and, in the event of a breakage, encapsulates the vial contents and glass fragments.
Once heat shrunk to the vial, the protective vial sleeves are designed to trap toxic substances within the unit if the vial is compromised through a breakage or surface damage, reducing possible contamination of production equipment and minimising the possibility of product contact for the end user.
The protective vial sleeves are available in transparent PVC or PET with a rigid base cap or flexible bottom label.
They are suitable for manual and semi-automatic application, or fully-automatic lines and are heat shrunk around the contours of the vial and aluminium crimp seal to ensure a tight fit.
Benefits of the protective vial sleeve
- Tight fitting encapsulation of unprotected vials
- No change in vial dimensions and packaging materials i.e. labels and cartons
- Impact resistant - decreasing the risk of breakage and product spillage
- No change in vial handling by the user
- Thin heat-shrinkable PVC or PET tube extruded material
- PET material with UV inhibitor available
- Protection from label tampering
- Protection from contamination created during filling which can form on outside of vial
Features of the protective vial sleeve
- Solid base cap or mechanically applied base sticker
- Highly transparent material, giving clarity for easy content inspection
- Tailor-made concept allowing manual, semi-automatic or fully-automatic applications
- No change in vial stability in upstream line operations