Ultra inert SCHOTT Type I glass vials internally coated with a chemically bonded Quartz like layer of Silicon Dioxide. Available in sizes 2ml to 100ml.
SCHOTT Type I Plus® glass vials can be washed, depyrogenated (heat treatment of 300° C), filled, closed, inspected and sterilised just like standard vials.
The Type I Plus® glass vial coating is applied by the proprietary SCHOTT PICVD (Plasma Impulse Chemical Vapor Deposition) technology in a validated and continually inspected process. The vial coating layer is only 40 - 100 nanometers thick and therefore has no effect on the dimensions of the pharmaceutical container.
We recommend Type I Plus® Glass Vials for products with:
- Delamination issues
- Low concentrated proteins with adsorption tendencies
- High pH products
- Preparations which cannot tolerate a pH shift or ion leaching
- Formulations that react with metal ions
- Preparations with degradation tendencies
- Formulations containing complexing agents e.g. citrates, EDTA
- Radioactive diagnostics
Type I Plus® vials are available in sizes 2ml to 100ml.